2012 has been the busiest year for me. It’s been go-go-go since January 1. And we are leaving the beautiful city of Sydney to usher in new beginnings in Singapore. The last 4 years in Sydney has been INCREDIBLE. I am going miss the city immensely. But a new and exciting city, new travel destinations and a new lifestyle awaits. But not before my TRIP-OF-A-LIFETIME and some quality downtime. We will be spending 15 days in South Africa and Zimbabwe on our first African Safari.
Once you’ve gotten over your jealousy and if you are planning your own safari, here is our iterinary. The trip is being arranged by Animals Works and we could not be more happier with the pre-trip arrangements. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING has been checked and we feel we’re just going to chill and have a great time with friends. If you have any questions, I’d be glad to answer any questions after I am back.
- Land in Jo’burg South Africa
- 4.5 hour drive to Kruger Park
- Staying at two campsites at Kruger national park.
- Leave Jo’burg for Harare (2 hour flight)
- Stay at the heritage ‘Meikles Hotel‘ ( I can’t wait)
1 June- 4 June
- Drive to the Turgwe River Camp in Humani where we stay with the locals doing voluntary charity work and spending a lot of time photographing the local wildlife.
5June – 8June
- From there, we go to Hwange National Park which is near Victoria Falls. It’s renowned for it’s large herds of elephants. Here, the plan is to go daily game drives or walks and just absorb being in nature at its finest.
- From there, we spend a day at the Victoria Falls Safari Lodge for our last night in Zimbabwe and we have our farewell dinner at the spectacular Boma Restaurant in Victoria Falls and hopefully my first taste of game meat (all your vegetarians reading this, stop glaring).
- Fly back from Harare to Jo’burg
- Overnight stay at the City Hotel at the Jo’burg airport
- Fly to Singapore and arrive, hopefully, rejuvenated.
- Oogle at the amazing photos.
This being a photography blog and all that, I wanted to quickly show you some pics of my travel gear to Africa. This is the Lowerpro Pro Trekker 400AW and inside the bag are two Canon550D bodies, an EFS 15-85mm and EFS 70-200, a EFS 10-22mm and 55-250mm and a 50mm prime lens with a lot of chargers, lens cleaners and a sturdy Velbon tripod.
Pro Trekker 400AW Photography Backpack
Photography Gear for Safari Trip
I will see you after a trip from the wild side. Take care!